Wednesday, 20 January 2010
Sweet like sugar?
1. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in your body: causes chromium and copper deficiencies and interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
2. Sugar can cause can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline, hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.
3. Sugar can produce a significant rise in total cholesterol, triglycerides and bad cholesterol and a decrease in good cholesterol.
4. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function.
5. Sugar feeds cancer cells and has been connected with the development of cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate, rectum, pancreas, biliary tract, lung, gallbladder and stomach.
6. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose and can cause reactive hypoglycemia.
7. Sugar can weaken eyesight.
8. Sugar can cause many problems with the gastrointestinal tract including: an acidic digestive tract, indigestion, malabsorption in patients with functional bowel disease, increased risk of Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis.
9. Sugar can cause premature aging.
10. Sugar can suppress your immune system and impair your defenses against infectious disease.